Thursday, November 3, 2011

18 Month Update

I can't believe my little baby girl is 1.5 today!  She's officially closer to 2 than she is to 1!  We had her 18 month appointment today, and she did a great job.  She handled her shots like a champ and only cried for about 30 seconds...when she realized she had Bugs Bunny band aids on.  This kid loves band aids, she likes to show everyone in a 2 mile radius her "boo boo's".  So here are the stats...

Height - 32.75 inches (still tall in the 90th percentile)
Weight - 23.75 lbs (still skinny in between the 25th and 50th percentile)
Head Circumference - 46 cm (still a little head in between the 25th and 50th)

It's funny, she grew almost an inch in the 3 months since her last appt but only gained .50 of lb and her head size stayed the same.  I think it's safe to say she's going to have my body type. 

  • She goes to bed at 8pm
  • Wakes between 7:30am and 8am...sometimes later depending on how tired she is
  • Naps at 1pm for anywhere from 1.5 hrs to 3hrs
  • Eats...a lot!  She's still a "foodie" and loves to eat pretty much anything.
  • Has sippy cup of milk in the morning, at night, and sometimes in the afternoon.
  • Drinks a mix of juice and water during the day (about 75% water, 25% juice)
  • Now has 12 teeth!  The top molars are finally all the way through and I noticed today the bottom 2 are about 1/2 way through. 
  • She's talking ALL.THE.TIME these days.  It's hilarious listening to her conversations.
  • She loves to sing and dance.
  • Books are still one of her favorite things...besides playing outside.
  • Her new obsession is spinning around in circles.
  • She's starting to put 2 words together.  It amazes me, it's like we woke up one day and she was saying "I pooped" or "Kitty-Kitty no"
  • I can't for the life of me get her to say "yes", but she loves to say "nah"...and yes I think she does it on purpose!
  • We're still having some awesome tantrums.  Some days we have none, some days we have 5, it all depends on her mood. 
  • She's a total sponge these days.  She knows exactly what we're talking about at all times, so Mommy and Daddy really have to watch what they say!
  • She's still 100% a Mommy's girl.  Sometimes it's exhausting (like when she throws a fit b/c I leave the room to take a shower), but most of the time I eat it up. 
I could go on and on, but I won't bore you with any more information.  I couldn't thank God enough for this little girl if I tried.  She's amazing and wonderful and my entire world! 

Here's a pic of her today at the pediatricians office putting socks on her baby doll so her feet didn't get cold :)

No comments:

Post a Comment