Monday, December 19, 2011


Life has just been crazy lately....crazy, chaotic, and fun!  I know I've been slack with my posts, but the free time I have had has been spent wrapping presents, cooking, and cleaning!  A week ago we had a packed weekend filled with Holiday Express, family get together, I hosted a baby shower for a friend, and celebrated the hubby's birthday.  It was exhausting and fun all at the same time.  Holiday Express was probably  my favorite part of that weekend because Peyton absolutely loved it.  A local park puts this on every year and they actually just opened after a year long remodel.  They have the place decked out for Christmas, the carousel, choo choo train, live entertainment, hot chocolate, food, Santa's workshop, the works!  Peyton's favorite part was the carousel, hands down.

This past weekend we had a birthday party (more on that to come) and another family get together on Saturday, then church and small group on Sunday. 

The birthday party...
I took Peyton to a friend's 3rd birthday party at Monkey Joe's Sat. morning.  If you've never been, it's full of all types of inflatables.  I had to go alone because the hubby was on call and has to be able to get to work within an hour of being called in.  We had a blast, Peyton loved every second, and refused to stay in the toddler area.  My daredevil wanted to do what the big kids did, and she did for a whole hour.  Then we had a "bounce house mishap" that almost caused me to come unhinged.  I was in the bounce house with her and she fell and jammed her wrist...of course I didn't know it was just jammed at the time.  She was holding it and crying, refusing to close her hand.  She wouldn't even reach in to her snack cup...that's when you know it's bad for Peyton! 
I was a complete wreck on the inside, but thankfully I was able to hold it together on the outside so I didn't freak her out more than she already was.  We quickly left and I fought back tears as I put her in the car seat.  She was crying, holding that tiny arm, and it hurt my heart.  After a call to the peds, they gave me the address for an urgent care nearby that does x ray's on site.  I got her out of the car and realized I was at the WRONG urgent care and needed to go about a block further.  When I was gently putting her back in I realized she wasn't whimpering anymore and was acting like she was OK.  I gave her some M&M's for the short ride, and when we got there I noticed she was eating her candy...with her hurt hand.  So I got in the back seat and made her show me how she could clinch her hand, twist it around, lift it up and down, etc...  Praise the Lord, she was OK!  We never even went in.  I was so relieved, I went by McDonald's and bought the poor girl a happy meal.  I'm so thankful we averted a crisis, I just knew my poor baby would be in a cast for Christmas!

Here are some pics from the past however long!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. She is precious. Thank goodness it was okay =)