Tuesday, April 3, 2012

23 Months Old!

It's so hard to believe that in exactly 1 month I'll have a 2 year old!  I'm really loving this age, not that it doesn't come with it's share of challenges.  Next month Peyton has her 2 year check up, but I don't even care because there are no shots, no needles, no pain!  I won't have any stats on her until after her appointment, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that she's tall and skinny. 

Here's just a little bit about my 23 month old...
  • She's sleeping in a big girl bed now, and has been for a few months
  • Still goes to bed at 8pm and wakes around 7:30am
  • Still an amazing sleeper, we have no problems with her waking during the night
  • Still napping at 1pm for around 2 hrs
  • Talking...a lot
  • Totally potty trained except when she's asleep - let me just say that I love not having to buy diapers and use wipes anymore.  Using the potty makes life so much easier, it's awesome! 
  • Still an awesome eater.  There's nothing she won't try and nothing she doesn't really like.
  • She drinks constantly.  I swear the child has a cup permanently attached to her hand throughout the day.
  • She has gotten MUCH better with her separation anxiety.  She still cries when I drop her off at the nursery in church, but she's over it by the time I'm out the door. 
  • We seem to be completely over stranger anxiety and her fear of men she had when she was an infant.  She still is wary of certain people, but for the most part you'll be her new BFF after about 10 mins....especially if you let her pull you around by the hand and show off all her toys
  • Tantrums, what else is there to say really?  She's the Queen of the "30 second meltdown".  She goes from high pitched screaming, violently thrashing, OMG life is over to "oooh is that a bird"?
  • We're working hard on the whole sharing concept.  Her favorite words are "No" and "mine", but I think that just goes with the age.  She's getting there. 
This fiercely independent stage can be exhausting, but for the most part we're having a blast.  I love how new and amazing everything is.  It makes me feel like a kid again, except a lot slower and stiffer.  We have so many fun things to look forward to over the next several weeks...Peyton's 2nd Easter, first Easter egg hunt(s), first trip to the zoo, 2nd birthday party, and a week in Ocracoke.  I love that little girl more than I ever thought possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment