Thursday, June 28, 2012

Potty Talk

Peyton has been potty trained for about 6 months now.  By "potty trained" I mean peeing and pooping in the potty during the day, but still in a pull up during naps and bed time.  I lucked out and had a child that can't stand the feeling of a wet diaper, I think that's why potty training was so easy for us.  She will NOT poop in a diaper, even in her sleep.  I think we have had maybe 2 poopy diapers since she was potty trained and those were because she was sleeping so hard she just didn't wake up.  Lately she's been waking up dry after her naps, but I put on a Pull Up just in case. 

Over the past few weeks a lot has changed on the potty front.  Peyton has decided she likes going to the potty on her own, which is great.  She gets her stool in place, puts the potty seat on, pulls her panties down, uses the bathroom, then pulls her panties up and tells me (no, I didn't forget to include "wipes herself" in the list...we're still working on that one!).   She does this when she has to go #1 or #2, which is even more awesome.  But among all that awesomeness comes another new change.  She has started waking up at the butt crack of dawn yelling that she needs to go pee pee.  I thought it was her molars that were waking her up so early, but I'm realizing now that she feels the urge to go potty during the night and doesn't want to go in her diaper.  I hadn't even thought about nighttime potty training her any time soon, but it looks like she's leaving me no choice. 

So, I've decided to start with putting a little potty in her room.  Now that she's good at pulling her pants up and down, I'm going to see if she'll do it at night too.  Eventually I'll set it up so she can go from her room to the bathroom, but I think she may be a little too young to be willing to do that on her own.  Even with night lights, that's a scary thing at night.  I'm going to stick with using pull ups for now, cross my fingers, and see how this goes.  I welcome any and all tips!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment