Monday, December 13, 2010

Crazy Weekend

We had a great but BUSY weekend!  I spent all week getting ready for our Housewarming/Edwin's 28th Birthday party Saturday night.  On top of that I had to fix a dish for our work Christmas party on Friday.  Luckily when we have our Christmas party at work, we get to leave for the day around 2pm.  So I was able to run errands before I picked Peyton up and finalize some party details. 

Saturday I spent the morning fixing all the food and doing some massive cleaning.  Peyton took an excellent 2nd nap, so she was raring to go when guests started showing up.  I was amazed by how many friends and family came, and overwhelmed by their generosity!  The first half of the night was a little chaotic for me, I felt like I was running around like a crazy woman.  We had a lot of different "groups" at the party...some knew tons of people, some knew none, so I was trying to make sure everyone was comfortable.  I had some work friends come, of course we had many police officers and ATF agents there, some family, some college friends, and some friends from church.  It was great to see those families, because unfortunately we rarely make it to church these days with Peyton going down for her 1st nap between 9am and 10am.  I put Peyton down at 7pm and then the rest of the night calmed down a little!  Most of the families left around that time to get their little ones to sleep, so we were left with just couples and had some "adult time".  I was a little concerned about how Peyton would sleep with a party going on in the other end of the house, but with her little fan blowing she couldn't hear a thing!  After everyone left, I sent the birthday boy to bed and stayed up to clean.  When I finally got in the bed, I was exhausted!  Thank goodness Peyton has been sleeping through the ENTIRE night...that's right, she goes 7pm - 7am these days and I'm L-O-V-I-N-G it.  I know she'll throw me off at some point, but at least I know we can always get back to a full night! 

Sunday I woke up not feeling the best in the world.  No not because of the wine...after all, someone had to be the DP (designated parent) Saturday night :)  I had a horrible headache and sore throat.  Unfortunately Mommy's don't get sick days, especially when their husband is recovering from the night before!  We ran some errands that afternoon and when we got home Peyton had a total meltdown.  The only thing I can think of is that her teeth were hurting her and she seemed to have a tummy ache.  Edwin offered to put her down for her afternoon nap so I could try and take a nap myself, but after sleeping for 45 mins she woke up screaming.  He couldn't get her back to sleep, so I had to go work my Mommy magic.  I got her back down and she slept another 1 1/2 hours!  She woke up screaming (not like her at all) and would tense up and shake a little every now and then like something was really hurting her.  I had given her some Motrin before her 2nd nap, so I'm still not sure exactly what it was or if it was just a combo of symptoms.  We all loaded in the car to head to BWW's with Edwin's parents for his birthday dinner.  She was golden once we got to the restaurant as usual.  That girl LOVES going out to eat!  We got home, gave Peyton a bath, put on some super cute Christmas pj's, and went to bed.  Then Mommy finally got to break in the whirlpool garden tub in our bathroom, it was just what I needed.  I was worried about how her night was going to go since she had a rough afternoon and I had been sick too, but thankfully she slept through the night again...unlike her Mommy! 

I don't have any pictures from the party yet, but here are some from last night....


  1. She is so cute! Do you put a mat down in your tub or is it a non-slick surface? Glad she's feeling better and hope you stay well!

  2. Thank you! I have a rubber mat down in the tub, it works wonders. It's a ducky one I got at Target!

  3. ha! i asked the same thing, grace! (on facebook, though!)