Monday, July 11, 2011

Poop, Poop, and More Poop

Saturday morning was...well I don't even know where to begin!  Edwin worked Friday night, so he was sleeping when Peyton and I got up.  We went in to our normal routine of morning cartoons and breakfast.  Instead of her usual waffles, pancakes, or cereal I decided to give her this Gerber apple oatmeal breakfast I had bought.  She loved it, but decided it was also great hair therapy.  Needless to say we had an unplanned bath that morning.  I was fine with that, Peyton loves her baths and it gives me time to just relax.  Then the s$@& hit the fan...literally. 

Peyton wanted to keep standing up in the tub and I told her if she did it again, she was getting out.  She did it again, so I got her out of the tub which prompted an awesome melt down.  She calmed down and I realized I needed to open a new box of diapers before I could change her.  She was wrapped in her towel and I sat her down next to her music table.  She stood up to play with her table and I literally had not had my back to her more than 30 seconds when she started crying hysterically.  I turned around and there was my adorable naked baby covered in green poop!  She had pooped and then stepped in it, it.was.everywhere! 

It was one of those situations where I had no idea how to even start the clean up process.  Overwhelmed, I ran into the bedroom and woke my poor husband up by yelling "I need your help NOW".  When he ran in to her bedroom, all he could say was "Oh my God, what the hell???".  Poor thing had poop from her knees down, poop stains all over our cream carpet, and she was so incredibly upset.  Luckily I hadn't drained the tub yet, so Edwin took Peyton and cleaned her off while I tackled the carpet.  We were also lucky that it was solid and not a runny one (for those that don't have kids, sorry but this is common discussion between Moms!). 

Pretty much all the stains are gone, I need to do a little more work this afternoon when I get home.  Boy was that stressful, but at least I have a good story to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment