Monday, September 26, 2011

Exhausting Weekend

This is a wordy post, so I apologize in advance!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  We did, but I sure feel like I need a weekend to recover from my weekend! 

It was my "single parent weekend" (that's what I call the weekends Edwin has to work).  Friday night Peyton and I relaxed, watched a movie, and had a girls night.  Edwin got home early in the morning, slept for about 3 hrs, then left again to run in the Patrol Stroll.  He finally got back home around 11:30, hung with us for about 45 mins, then we back to sleep.  I put Peyton down for her nap at 1pm, left the monitor with Edwin, then headed to the grocery store.  While Edwin and Peyton were sleeping I...did massive grocery shopping, unloaded the groceries, cleaned out the fridge and pantry, swept the floors, loaded the dishwasher, and sat down for 5 mins to read before Peyton woke up.  I swear Mom's are Super Women, I don't know HOW we do it!  The rest of the day was pretty lazy, Edwin got up and had about an hour before he had to leave for work.  That night I was determined not to spend my night cleaning, so I only did 1 or 2 things after Peyton went to bed and relaxed the rest of the night. 

Peyton's new sleep schedule allows us to all sleep until 8 - 8:30am on weekends, it's pure bliss.  My internal alarm clock usually goes off at 6:45am regardless, but I was so wiped from Saturday I slept hard until close to 8am.  I could tell it was going to be a trying day because about 2 hrs after Peyton woke up she became very clingy and whiny.  She just cut 2 bottom teeth and is still working on her molars (1 is 1/2 way through, 1 is through on 1 side only).  She had a massively runny nose all weekend and lots of drool, so I knew she was working on more teeth.  She's really handling it well, yesterday was the first rough day we've had in a long time.  We skipped church, I just couldn't handle it by myself and she was pretty miserable, and played inside a lot.  We were going to run an errand with Edwin, but she had a major meltdown and I decided it would be best if we stayed home.  After a dose of Motrin, she was a much happier girl.  She only napped 1 1/2 hrs, so it was going to be an early bedtime.  I put her down early around 7:30pm, then the hubby and I got to painting! 

We painted our family room and I love it!  It was a beachy light teal color, which was pretty but it was too much like a beach house and it was flat paint so there were marks everywhere from when we moved in that were driving me crazy.  We painted it a deep green/sage color, it's beautiful.  Our next step is the sun room.  It's a bright yellow, we're going to tone it down to gray and get new bright colored cushions (at some point) for the furniture out there.

So today my entire body aches and I'm exhausted, but I have a BUSY weekend ahead.  I have an after work shopping trip with Nicole Thurs for "bachelorette supplies" (always fun), a work party Friday night, Bachelorette party Saturday night (super excited about that), then our friend's little girl is turning 1 on Sunday.  I don't stay up past 11pm these days, so staying out until 2am is probably going to kill me...I'm so old! 

Quick side note:  This will be the first time ever that I've missed bedtime 2 nights in a row and I'm very sad about it.  I ALWAYS put Peyton to bed and I do all  naps (when she's not at Nonnie's).  Always have.  This will also be Edwin's first night alone with her all night.  He'll be fine, but it's something I do every other week so it's nothing for me to do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment