Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Weekend

Well the fall weather was back this weekend in NC and we took every opportunity we had to enjoy it.  Saturday we spent most of the morning/early afternoon outside just enjoying the weather.  Peyton ran around and I sat and tried to envision what kind of decorating I'm going to do for Christmas this year...yes I said CHRISTMAS.  I L-O-V-E Christmas, and last year I didn't get to decorate as much as I usually do.  We moved in to our house in November, add a 6 month old and there just wasn't enough time.  Anywho, we also had a nice fire Saturday night and Peyton had her first s'more!  I'm pretty sure it was a life-altering experience for her..



We also went to Target (like we do pretty much every weekend) and got a sweet hat/mitten set.  It has hit me that Peyton doesn't really have much cold weather gear.  I got her a nice coat on sale at Belks a few weeks ago, she has some hoodies, but didn't have the first hat.  Well she loved the hat...




So much so that she wanted to wear it while she ate breakfast Sunday morning...


Sunday was another relaxing day, well minus the armed robbers that hid out behind our house...but that's another post for another time. 

We went to church, then Peyton had a nice 2 hour nap while I did absolutely nothing for the first time in what felt like forever.  When she woke up we headed over to the in-laws for dinner.  Peyton had her first taste of how awesome it is to jump in to a pile of leaves....and then spent about an hour doing it. 




I'm already pumped about next weekend.  We have the Fest-I-Fall with trunk or treating and my little bumble bee will be absolutely adorable in her costume I'm sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment