Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Crazy Night!

Last night was a crazy one to say the least.  I'm in the process of getting used to my husband's new schedule (he's back on shifts again) that just started this week.  So of course a new schedule has thrown a wrench in our finely oiled machine.  It's always tricky to figure out a new routine when Edwin's work schedule changes or he's out of town for work.  Usually as soon as we get comfortable with something, it changes all over again.  It's even more difficult to figure things out when there's a baby involved!  Basically every other week and most of the weekend I'm pretty much on my own with Peyton.  I love the quality time, but it can make for some exhausting days after working a full day. 

The past few days Peyton has been taking some LONG naps.  I'm not sure if it's a growth spurt or what, but she's been frequently taking 3 hr naps in the morning.  Yesterday she napped 3 hrs in the morning and then another 1.5 hrs in the afternoon.  I had to wake her up when I picked her up at 5:30pm! 

She was loads of fun last night...and then it was time for bed.  Peyton goes down around 7pm or 7:15pm every night.  I'm very lucky because bedtime is always  usually easy.  She has a bottle (and Ibuprofen these days), I rock her and we cuddle, I hum Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, she lays her head on my shoulder and sighs, then I put her in the crib and she gets situated and is out for the night.  Then there was last night!  She didn't scream or fuss...as long as I was holding her.  She immediately put her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes, I put her in her crib, she popped up and started wailing.  Basically we repeated this process until 8pm!  I've only done CIO a handful of times, and I don't have it in me to let her CIO for long periods of time but last night I had NO other option.  I finally had her asleep and was walking out of her room around 8pm when the phone rang, she popped up and started screaming, I was trying to rush to the phone because I could tell it was an important call from my MIL, it was total chaos.  In the end I had to tell her I loved her, put her on her tummy, kiss her, and leave the room.  She climbed up and down and cried for "Mama" (which really makes it worse now that she can call for me) for about 20 mins before she FINALLY exhausted herself and went to sleep.  Luckily the rest of the night was fine, she didn't wake once like usual.  I'm putting the blame on teething.  I don't think she was in any pain because of the Motrin, but she's extra clingy when teething are trying to break through and I think that's why she was so restless as well. 

I was exhausted by 8:30pm!  On top of all of that my MIL was calling to tell us that my FIL had passed out and was refusing to go to the hospital...he's such a guy.  Edwin was on his way home from work and walked in to a house filled with an exhausted wife and a crying baby and felt helpless because he had to turn around and leave again.  He called 911 and sent an ambulance over to check his Dad out and when he got there they headed to the ER.  Edwin finally got home close to 1am and they still had his Dad in triage.  We're praying everything will be fine, as of an hour ago they were monitoring him and trying to figure out what exactly happened. 

Tonight I'm hoping for a calm peaceful evening with my little girl, followed by our USUAL bedtime routine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment