Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

Well we made it through the first week of Edwin's new schedule!  It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but every shift change requires a lot of adjustment.  There's a lot less time together every other week/weekend, but it makes us appreciate the time we do get together even more. 

The weekend wasn't super exciting, but it was nice.  Saturday I actually had to wake Peyton up at 8:20am because she was STILL asleep, and I didn't want her schedule to be too out of whack.  Of course I was up at 7am regardless.  I thought I'd get a jump on making bottles and getting some chores done before she woke up because she "never" sleeps past 7:30am.  I did all of my chores and even had time to lay on the couch for an hour and watch TV.  We did some grocery shopping, played, cleaned...the usual. 

Sunday Edwin was off, which was so nice.  Peyton slept in until about 7:45am, which I'm really starting to get used to!  Edwin woke around 11am and Peyton woke from her nap around 11:30am and we got everyone ready and headed to the outlets.  We met up with Edwin's parents and ate lunch at Cracker Barrel (yummy) then did a little damage at Carter's.  Peyton fell asleep in the car on the way home which always means the afternoon nap will be either non existent or extremely difficult.  Basically she falls asleep in the car and gets about 20 mins of sleep in and when we get home she feels like she had a full nap.  So I started the battle of the 2nd nap when we got home and I failed miserably!  After trying for about 30 mins, she sat up and gave me the biggest grin in the world.  I didn't help the situation by making a funny face and for whatever reason she got a huge case of the giggles.  Every time I made the face she did a belly laugh and after 10 mins was laughing so hard she was snorting...and so was I.  I could tell her teeth were killing her, so I gave her some Ibuprofen and admitted defeat. 

I assumed the night would be rough, but we had so.much.fun!  Peyton spent a good 30 mins crawling around the house while I crawled behind her and "chased" her.  She would crawl as fast as she could and squeal to get away from me.  So after a good dinner, a nice bath, and lots of playing she went straight to bed at 7pm and barely moved all night.   

That was our weekend.  I have TONS of awesome 8 month pics I've taken with our new camera, but our home Internet still isn't hooked up and Edwin has had the laptop at work.  I'll get them downloaded this week and post a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment