Friday, August 27, 2010

Yummy!

So we started rice cereal last weekend and have been giving Peyton some every evening before bed.  We have to rush to get her bedtime routine done because it's close to 5:30pm by the time I get home with her and she's asleep by 6:15pm or 6:30pm...yes she really goes to bed that early.  We've tried everything to keep her up a little later (late naps, extra naps, etc..) but the child WANTS to go to bed at that time, so why fight it.  She sleeps through the night and wakes up around 6:30am or 7am super happy, so it seems to work for her and us!

Either way, we decided to try something else this evening and went for sweet potatoes...and can I just say, WOW.  She LOVED them!  I'm not sure who ended up with more sweet potato on them...her or me!  The entire time we've been doing solids, she wants to hold her own spoon.  In fact, it's a battle half the time to get the spoon away from her!  After every bite, she likes to gnaw on the spoon because the coating feels good to her tender little gums.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures tonight (it's hard to take pics while I'm feeding her by myself)...but I'm sure I'll get some good ones this weekend!  We're doing yummy oatmeal for breakfast and sweet potatoes for dinner....Mmmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment