Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy 6 Months!

My precious little girl is 6 months old today!  I can't believe she's been in my life for 1/2 a year.  It has been the most challenging, rewarding, and exciting 6 months of my life.  I love her more every single day! 

We had her 6 month appointment Monday and she's weighing 16lbs 8oz and in the 50th -75th percentile (she was born at 6lbs 8oz, so she's gained exactly 10lbs in 6 months!) and she's 26.5 inches tall putting her in the 90th percentile for height...that's my girl!  Of course we had awful shots PLUS her flu shot :(  How she was smiling and laughing 5 mins after the shots were done, I'll never know.  They hurt me just watching.  She's always such a ham at the doctor's office, I'm not sure why she seems to have so much fun there but I'll take it!  Even when I had to take her in for reflux when she was a few weeks old, or her 1st ear infection a few months ago...as soon as we walked in you would never know she was sick! 

I won't go in to too much detail this time, but Peyton is right on track developmentally and even a little advanced with her motor skills (I'm her Mommy, I get to brag a little)!  She started trying to crawl at 5 1/2 months.  She can take a few "steps" on all 4's now and is ready to run!  She practices day and night, it's hilarious.  So we'll definitely be baby proofing the new house as we move in!  She sits up unsupported like a champ. 
She goes to bed between 6:30pm and 7pm (she was going to bed at 7pm, but I've noticed she sleeps better and longer when she goes down just a little earlier) and wakes around 7am with 1 early morning feeding.  Mornings are my favorite time with her because it's about the only time I can really cuddle with her.  She only wants to snuggle and watch her cartoons, I love it!
She L-O-V-E-S her solids.  She's had all of the stage 1's and we've started on some stage 2's.  There's not a stage 1 she didn't like, and sweet potatoes and corn seem to be among her favorites right now.  Still no teeth, but we can see her bottom 2 just hanging out right below her gums.  She still has that 1 corner that has broken through, but that's all.  They've been making her pretty miserable in the evenings lately and I try to stay away from giving her too much Ibuprofen or Tylenol (Ibuprofen is MUCH better now that she can take it) but some nights it's our only option. 

There are a zillion more things I could write about, but I'll end it here.  I'm so blessed to have such a beautiful and amazing little girl!  I can't wait for everything that has yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment