Friday, February 18, 2011

Changing Every Day

I know I say this a lot, but Peyton has been changing so much lately.  She's really starting to come in to her own and is bursting with personality!  It looks like she's going to be emotional like her Mommy.  She has my fiery temper and gets so excited to see me when I've been gone that she cries as she crawls to me...I love it!  I love her emotion and I love being able to see myself in her. 
I guess that means Edwin will have to deal with 1 more person sniffling every time those darn SPCA commercials come on!  

She's a talker as well.  She has times where she's quiet and thoughtful like her Daddy, concentrating on her task at hand....and then there's the rest of the time.  Yet another trait she undoubtedly got from her Mommy!  She talks and babbles and as of recently, squeals throughout the house.  Mama is the only real word she's saying right now so "Mama" is on constant repeat.  She tries to say Marshmallow (our cat's name), which is hilarious. 

She's still very clingy to me when others are around or she's in a new place with a lot going on, but when we're at home she has turned in to Miss Independent!  She crawls through the house like I'm not there and only does the occasional look around to see where I am, then she's right back at it.  She spends most of her time chasing the animals around, crawling from window to window and door to door to look outside, and basically just speed crawling from one end of the house to the other ( I seriously never knew how incredibly FAST they can crawl)!  She may take a brief intermission to check something out on TV or play with a toy for a second, then she's off again.  She's working hard on standing unsupported these days and her balance is getting better by the day (which terrifies me!). 

Now that we're getting some decent weather we can get back to going for walks, which we both love.  It's so nice to be able to get out of the house without having to bundle up in 20 layers of clothes!  I'm praying this weather lasts and we have finally seen the end of this bitterly cold winter. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment