Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Meal Time

Let me start by saying thank you Hannah for inspiring me to think about my food!  Not in the vegetarian/healthy way so much, but just helping me see that I need to make some changes. 

Recently I made the decision to get my act together when it comes to meals...namely dinner.  I've been so slack about cooking real dinners since Peyton was born.  I love to cook, but I just don't have the time like I used to.  Therefore I decided to become more organized and actually plan meals and do the shopping in advance..what a concept, I know. 

Now I know I won't be cooking every night, it's just ridiculous to think that will happen.  I work full time...40 hrs a week...5 days a week, pick up Peyton and take care of her until Edwin gets home and then I can start cooking on the weeks he works days.  But every other week I have no evening help and it's all I can do to get her fed, bathed, changed, and play with her for a little before it's bedtime.  Then I could care less about cooking dinner at 7:30pm for just 1 person.  But I digress....

Yesterday morning I went through and found 2 weeks worth of yummy (well yummy-sounding), healthy meals that Peyton can eat as well.  She rarely eats any baby food these days, so I try to fix things she can eat with us.  I went online and did my grocery shopping.... 
By the way, I absolutely L-O-V-E the online shopping at Lowe's Foods.  It has been my life saver several times since Peyton was born.  I can swing by on my way home from work, they load everything for me, and I can be home in time to pick her up.  It's well worth an extra $5 for this service, plus I actually save a lot more $ because I'm not roaming the aisles looking at all of the food making myself hungry.  Not to mention you can sort by sales and price, they have online coupons, and your Rewards card. 
got all of my ingredients for the meals, and Edwin picked them up when he got off work.  I have about 2 weeks worth of dinner (including leftovers) and the ingredients for them.  Tonight I'm trying out a cheesy chicken pot pie recipe!

I know I can't be Super Mom, and I'm in no way trying to be.  But I would like to be a little more prepared and organized.  I've given in to the fact that the laundry is going to pile up and the house is going to be a disaster sometimes, and that's OK. 

1 comment:

  1. so glad i could inspire you! :) just think about sweet peyton eatin' her mama's cooking :-D sometimes that's what i have to tell myself when i'd rather pick up to-go something-or-other...

    man, i gotta try this online grocery shopping... however, that puts a damper on my "try something new" goal... i want your cheesy chicken pot pie recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete