Friday, August 12, 2011

So Tired

I'm tired...that's really all there is to this post.  Peyton woke up around 12:30am screaming and it was obvious she was terrified.  She had a bad dream and it was so pitiful.  She attached herself to me and clung to me for dear life, I have to say that never gets old.  Once I knew she was OK (and gave her Motrin just in case those pesky teeth were giving her a hard time), I put her back down but Peyton decided she wasn't going to give in that easy.  She screamed some more and Mommy came back in the room, worried she was still upset from the dream.  I held her and she started talking and trying to play.  OK kid, I see what you're trying to do and this is NOT happening.  She screamed off and on for the next hour trying to get Mommy to come back.  It's amazing how fast they learn "hey if I scream this way, Mommy will come spend time with me". 

Between Peyton's bad dream and the hubby getting home in the middle of the night, I got next to no sleep.  I know I'm whining, but I very rarely have to deal with lack of sleep.  Peyton has literally only woken up during the night a hand full of times since she was 6 months old.  I'm not bragging, it's just matter of fact.  She may be wide open and stubborn, but the child is a great night time sleeper!  So on the very rare occasion I have to wake up during the night, I tend to complain. 

Which got me thinking...how the hell did I do this for months when she was an infant?!  Day after day, night after night.  I remember it just coming naturally and going through the motions in a constant zombie-like state.  The lack of sleep was by far the hardest thing for me during infancy.  Now, a year later, I can't even go through 1 night of Peyton waking without doing an entire whiny blog post on it!  With all the friends I have that are pregnant with baby #2, I can't help but think about when/if I want to have #2 and what it would be like.  After nights like last night I realize, I do NOT want #2 any time soon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment