Monday, August 1, 2011

We're Back!

Peyton and I are back from our trip to the beach.  It was a wonderful time, but we missed Edwin and were excited to get home to him.  I don't have any pictures of Peyton on the beach, but as soon as my Mom emails them to me I'll be sure to post them. 

I have to say, it was a different experience going to the beach with an actual toddler.  The last beach trip we went on, Peyton was only taking a few steps so I had to constantly hold her hand.  This time was much easier in that respect, and the water was perfect for little ones.  There were lots of sandbars that created pools for her to play in, but of course my daredevil wanted the waves!  Luckily the way the sandbars were this week, the water was only up to her knees for a good 15 feet out.  So she was able to run around and play on her own a lot. 

I'm also pretty proud of myself for braving the trip on my own.  I had never traveled with Peyton on my own further than an hour away.  I was super nervous to tackle the 2 1/2 hr drive alone, but it went well.  She got fussy at our 1/2 way mark, so we swung in to Neuse River Sport Shop (our usual stop) and I strolled her around and then let her run around outside some.  She fussed when we got back in the car, but 5 mins after I turned her music on she was out like a light for the rest of the trip.  She did amazing on the way home, and even got a decent 1 hr nap in!  She was thrilled to be home with her Daddy, her pets, and her toys.  After hugging and kissing all the animals (yes all 3 of them), she went around to inspect her toys and make sure they were all accounted for.  Silly girl!

Here are a few pics of our week (minus the beach pics)...





1 comment:

  1. We just took our little ones to the beach this weekend {their first time!}. My poor little Reagan got car sisck :( but the rest of the trip was a HUGE success.

    So glad that you & your sweet girlie had a good time. Props to you for making the trip on your own. I look forward to seeing the cute beach photos :)

    Have a lovely Monday!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete