Saturday, September 4, 2010

4 Months Old...

I can't believe my baby girl is 4 months old (yesterday).  It makes me tear up every time I think that I was giving birth to her this time 4 months ago.  It's gone by so fast....it has easily been the most difficult thing I have ever done, but the most wonderful and amazing at the same time. 

I just wanted to share a few things about Peyton at 4 months....
  • She LOVES her exersaucer.  She'll play in it forever.  Just put it in front of the TV and she goes from playing and talking to her toys, to watching TV, and back again
  • Her favorite shows are Special Agent Oso, Handy Manny, and Imagination Movers.  We really don't spend much time in front of the TV with her, but these are her early morning shows she watches while Mommy is getting ready for work and she's entranced when they're on.
  • She's "talking" all the time now.  She likes to try and mimic things I say (I'm working hard for Mama lol).
  • She squeals and laughs constantly.  She hasn't done a big belly laugh yet, but I feel like it's in our near future.
  • She weighs 13lbs 11oz and is a little over 24" long.  She was right around the 50th percentile in all categories, and between 50th and 75th for height.
  • She loves grabbing our faces...noses, mouths, chins.  She'll also reach up and stroke my cheek which makes me melt every time.
  • She is definitely a Mama's girl right now.  She's not as comfortable with strangers as she used to be.  She's fine with about anyone as long as Mommy is holding her, and definitely doesn't go to people as often.
  • She has started lunging and reaching for me when someone else has her and she wants Mommy (LOVE it).
  • She doesn't fuss much unless she's hungry, overtired, or if she has teething pain.  She'll throw a royal fit if she gets too exhausted and has a hard time going to sleep, but that's not too often.  
  • She's going to bed by 6:30pm and waking between 6am and 7am.  She usually wakes once to eat sometime between 2am and 4am....unless she's going through some milestone like the constant rolling that we're going through now, ugh.   
That's about all I can think of right now.  Peyton is such a blessing and a miracle.  It's not always easy being a Mom, but I wouldn't change a thing.  We love her more than we could ever describe!

No comments:

Post a Comment