Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bad Shots!

Peyton had her 4 month appointment yesterday, and you know what that means....shots!  Yes I know she won't remember them, I know it's harder on me than it is on her, I know all of that...but it doesn't make it any easier.  I absolutely hate it when she's hurting and I can't make it better.

She was her normal charming self during the entire appointment.  Chatting it up with Lisa and her med student, laughing, squealing, etc...  She weighed 13 lbs 11 ounces and was 24" and some change long.  I can't remember exactly because they forgot to give me a copy of her growth chart.  She was in the 50th percentile for weight and head circumference and between 50th and 75th percentile for height.  She started getting sleepy near the end of the almost hour long appointment and that didn't make getting stuck any easier.  But she handled the shots like a champ.  She screamed for just a minute, then whimpered and whined while we checked out, and was dead asleep before I could pull out of the parking lot.  Giving her Tylenol before he appointment definitely seemed to help.

My Mom said she was good the rest of the afternoon, just a little fussy and uncomfortable.  When we got home, we skipped eating solids and bath time.  I put her straight in her pj's, gave her some Tylenol and a bottle, and she was dead to the world by 6pm.  She didn't even want to eat when I got her up for her "dream feed" at 10pm!  She woke around 3am, ate, went straight back to sleep until 6:45am.  Poor thing was exhausted after all the stress of the doctor's appointment.  Luckily she never fussed or had a fever! 

Glad that's over....for 2 more months at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment