- HEARTBURN...lots of it
- Discharge...lots of it. Invest in a lot of pads and/or panty liners
- You have the nose of a bloodhound...seriously you can smell things all the way across the house, I've never experienced anything like it!
- By the last trimester your cankles, feet, and hands balloon up to at least 3 times their original size by the end of the day.
- Peeing all the time is an understatement...you WILL get up every hour (at least) to pee during the night.
- Yes it's amazing to feel your baby move around, but sometimes. it. HURTS!
- You'll have a runny nose for the entire 9 months.
- Morning sickness doesn't just occur in the morning. It's more like any time of the day sickness.
- You really do forget everything...Mommy brain is not a myth.
- Your baby may decide to camp out on your sciatic nerve, no fun.
- EVERYONE will have something to say about your body and will want to touch you, apparently it's no longer yours once you're pregnant.
- The last 4 weeks take F-O-R-E-V-E-R
- Some days walking is super painful because you have so much pressure...no wonder we waddle
- You get a funny dark line down your tummy
- You might pee on yourself a little near the end if you sneeze or laugh too hard
- You're hot...and I don't mean sexy (although I do think pregnancy is beautiful). I mean wearing tank tops in the winter kind of hot.
- Hemorrhoids, yup
- Once you have decided you're in labor and you call the doctor's office, you have to go to the DOCTOR'S office first not the hospital (personal experience)
- Contractions HURT...BAD
- It's not easy to walk, talk, and sign forms during contractions
- There's a lot of bleeding...for several days
- You lose the sensation to pee for a while, which was really weird
- You basically wear a diaper made of a puppy pad for the first few days
There are many more things I could add, but I don't want to be too graphic for the sensitive readers (my husband couldn't believe I included the words "discharge" and "panty liners").
Don't get me wrong I loved being pregnant, but sometimes I would think "why didn't anyone tell me about this". So I thought I'd share the ones I could think of. Ladies, if you can think of any others feel free to add them :)